Monday, August 29, 2011

Northern Exposure


Happy Monday! Hope everyone is doing good and is safe from Hurricane Irene!

My hubby Stuart and I just returned home from a trip up North to visit family in Minnesota. The weather up there was beautiful! It was such a relief to escape from this terrible Texas heat and drought. We decided to travel a different route than we usually do, so we headed East up along the Missouri River. Our first stop was St. Louis, MO. to see the big arch.



Next we went to Fulton, IL. were we stopped to see this authentic windmill.



It sat right on the Missouri River. It was such a beautiful day! The sky was so blue, and the grass was so green that it looked like Easter grass.



Here is a picture of me and Stuart by the MO River.

Next we went to Galena, IL., which is a lovely little ski resort town. It is the home of President Grant.



Isn't this a beautiful old mansion? I just love the glass sun room on the side! I can just picture myself sitting in there reading a book. If your ever in the Galena, IL area I highly recommend stopping in for a visit! There is a wonderful downtown full of antiques, home decor and quaint restaurants.

I hope you enjoyed the little tour of our trip. I found quite a few treasures to list on my website while we were on our trip. Be sure to check back later in the week for new listings. Also, there will be a new Pink Friday theme over at Make Mine Pink this Friday..."Somewhere in Time". I hope you will visit all of the participating boutiques. I know I will!

Until next time...

Shannon


6 comments:

Carolee Crafts said...

Good you got away from the heat for a while, love the mansion and agree a good book, perhaps with a cup of tea to while away the hours. Thank you for sharing

Mary Patterson said...

So glad you & your DH had that nice trip, Shannon. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures! I can't wait to see all the pretties you brought back with you.
Mary P
Mary's Cottage Treasures

Ron Sanderson said...

Enjoyed the pictures Shannon. Looks like a great trip.

gail said...

Hi Shannon, your trip sounds so fun. What a pretty part of the country. I have not been in this area at all. I am glad you had a little reprieve from the heat. Boy I am getting tired of it too!
I hope you have a great week!
(()) Gail

Unknown said...

Hi Shan!

How are you pinkie? Wow! Sounds like you had a great trip. Love all the photos. So glad you got away from the Texas heat. I sure don't blame you. You look so cute with Stuart. I wish I had gone away during the summer,but I plan to next year. Have a beautiful day and week.
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Andrea S. said...

I loved reading about your trip. It was a treat to see pictures of water and green grass! Thanks for sharing.